Index of Articles
***** TENTH ANNIVERSARY REPORT *****
1956 to 1966 – HISTORY
The Village Volunteers Fife and Drum Corps was formed in 1956 under the name Village Fire Fifers, as the group was under the sponsorship of the Delmar Fire Company. Its founders and first directors, Mr. and Mrs. Robert McLean, had been members of a corps in New York City (Passett … Continue reading
***** CORPS HISTORY 1965 *****
February 22, – Performance, G E X Dept. Store, Albany.
This performance was the first of the year, but was not an ideal beginning, weather was bad, the corps was small, and the job did not come up to expectations. We left the Junior High with Mr. Frueh and Bob Morse driving. We arrived at … Continue reading
January 3I, – Array, Naval Reserve Center, Albany, N.Y.
This was our second annual array, and was an extremely successful event, thanks to newspaper publicity and word of mouth promotion. As a result; the drill hall was full of spectators at 8:00 p.m. The corps was waiting in another building to make an entrance through the large overhead door of … Continue reading